Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Unconditionally, As In Unconditionally?

But but but! That means consistency. Dedication. Faithfulness! A commitment to my avid readers that I'll be there for them every Tuesday, whether it's a wanting-to-skip-like-a-four-year-old Tuesday, or a feeling-like-my-bed-is-a-very-strong-magnet Tuesday!

Consistency is hard. I organized a Cleaning Club once. It was extremely official. My sisters and I transformed, overnight, into little Molly Maids. We wrote rules, we laid out penalties for rebellious behavior, we elected officers, we typed a newsletter with interviews and a joke column (actually on my dad's computer!)- we were so excited! One week later, good intentions settled like dust in the corners of the house, I don't think my mom was surprised.

I don't know how they do it, these consistent people- but I know, with certainty, where they'll be at 9:52 AM. With the same expressions on their faces, saying the same things.

Do they get their feelings hurt? Do they run a red light? Do they make mistakes? Do they get a cold? EVER? Sometimes I ask them for their autographs.

But for you, for you! I would do anything! So here I'll be, every Tuesday, writing things that you will want to read. Trust me. You will want to read them.

I will be here, every Tuesday, for the rest of my life. It probably won't be long. (Having never tried it- consistency may very well kill me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment